Saturday 3 January 2009

Christmas, New Year & summer sun


Christmas is just around the corner. How wonderful to be celebrating the birth of a child. DH and I say it’ll be the last Christmas celebrated as a childless couple. It’ll be the last grandchildless Christmas for our parents also. But my TTC brain kindly reminds me that had we fallen pregnant on our first attempt (like so many other couples do) we would be holding our two week old baby right now. Ouch. That kick in the guts really hurts! Must remain positive. If all goes according to my new TTC plan which begins in late February, will be holding one month old this time next year.

New Years Eve is here. We are headed to Bowral for a friends wedding. Is lovely to be out of Sydney and breathing in the fresh air of the countryside. Is also lovely to be spending such quality time with close friends. The wedding ceremony is beautiful and intimate and we all head to the vineyard restaurant for the wedding reception. Ah, Mr Blanc is ready and waiting for me. Hello old friend! As the night progresses, Mr Blanc and I have a wonderful time. We dance and dance and suddenly it hits me. Is today CD17? Is today my ovulation day. I’m positive I have just ovulated on the dance floor. I rush to the toilet and check cervical mucous but am too drunk to decipher if fertile or not. Damn. As I emerge from the toilet someone wishes me Happy New Year. What the? Oh my goodness. I just missed the New Years Eve countdown whilst checking my cervical mucous in the toilet. I look around and see DH also emerging from male toilets. We both missed the countdown! We have a little New Year kiss and giggle at our silliness.

The following day the newly married couple have a One Day Anniversary party at a nearby rented house. Is a wonderful day although Mr Hangover decided to stick around until 3pm and torture me with his nonsense. It’s now dusk and time to leave the party. There are approximately 10 close friends still lingering so we all head back to our accommodation and kick on. It is such a lovely evening and no one wants it to end. We sit around the kitchen island bench eating pizza and chit chatting. DH then begins to tell everyone his wishes for 2009. His speech is heartfelt and full of inspiration. I cannot believe DH feels comfortable enough to tell all our friends that we’ve been TTC. I am shocked at this but proud as punch! We then go around the circle and everyone voices their wishes for 2009. Am so lucky to have such amazing friends.

Back in Sydney and it’s so nice living near the ocean. Absolutely blissful. Our Christmas holidays are so far consisting of walks along the beach, a coffee from our favourite gelato shop, reading our books on the sunny balcony, fresh sandwiches and salads for lunch, maybe a snooze in my hammock & afternoon swims in the ocean. Our skin is glowing and we are fit and healthy. Must be the sea air! We are Face of Fertility!

No comments: