Friday 22 June 2012

CD32 / 16DPO / 11DPT of ICSI #4

Started spotting yesterday afternoon so figured the beta results today would be doomed.

I woke up this morning to bright red blood, however I had no pain. The odd cramp but it wasn't painful. 

My results are in:
hCG = 16
Prog = 3.6

The nurse told me the result was negative and my FS would call me a bit later to discuss our next step. 

When FS called, she told me the hCG was low. 

I said, "What? I thought it was zero?". 

FS said "Your results are considered negative but you're reading is only 16 which is too low for a viable pregnancy". 

I told her about my spotting and then bleeding today and she said it sounded like a chemical pregnancy and I was experiencing an early miscarriage. My repeat beta test is Monday (3 days time) to check my levels have dropped.

I have no idea how I did it, but I managed to continue working the entire day in the office. I didn't cry. I didn't scream and shout at staff. I'm even contemplating working tomorrow, on a Saturday, just to avoid thinking about the inevitable. 

No comments: